Thanks to everyone who participated in 60x30TX Day in Northeast Texas on April 25!
60x30TX depends on all of us. Let's start the conversation in Northeast Texas.
By the year 2030, 60% of Texans ages 25-34 must have a college credential in order for our state to have the trained workers it needs to keep our economy strong. You can learn more about the Texas higher education strategic plan at 60x30TX.com.
We all have a part to play in achieving this goal—parents, students, educators, business leaders, community members. And if we succeed, we all benefit. Getting involved is easy. Here's how you can help.
On Tuesday, April 25, we're asking businesses and individuals to show their support for 60x30TX by participating in 60x30TX Day. See below to see how you can get involved.
- Talk to your family, friends and coworkers about the importance of earning a college degree or certificate.
- Share this #60x30NETX video with your friends and family on social media.
- Help a young person make a plan for college—it’s never too early to start planning!
- Post about the importance of earning a college degree or certificate on social media using the hashtag #60x30NETX. Tag your local higher education institutions so they can share, too!
- Tell others that "college" doesn't always mean a 4-year bachelor's degree—this challenge includes everything from a 5-week truck driving credential to a Ph.D., and everything in between!
BUSINESSES & SCHOOLS
- Snap a photo of your employees/students with a 60x30TX foldout banner and share it on your business’s social media accounts using the hashtag #60x30NETX. Make sure you tag your local higher education institutions so they can share, too!
- Add “60x30TX: Building a College-Going Culture in Northeast Texas” to your marquee.
- Host a 60x30TX Signing Day at your business/school
- Display a yard sign at your business/school location(s)
- Display a 60x30TX poster at your business/school
- Distribute 60x30TX information to your employees and/or students
- Schedule a time for a college representative, student or alumni to speak to your employees and/or students about 60x30TX
We want to make it easy for you to help us spread the #60x30TX message in Northeast Texas. On our online resource center, you'll find downloadable materials you can print and use in your business, school, or home!
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
If you've taken a group photo with our banner, hosted a signing day, posted our message on your marquee, or participated in this campaign in any way, we'd love to showcase your photos on our website! Use the form below to submit, or email them to
Want updates on our progress, or need to request materials or schedule a signing day or other event? Sign on and let us know!